2012-03-26

NPLEX on the Horizon.

Outdoor studying? Hopefully! Image source here.

Summer begins in exactly one month! Exciting times, my friends, exciting times.

However, this Summer is not going to be typical because I have to write NPLEX 1 (Naturopathic Physician Licensing Exam). These exams are like my board licensing exams. I write round one this Summer (2012), and then round two in the Summer of 2014. Round one tests my knowledge of basic sciences, like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology. Pretty straight forward regurgitation stuff. Round two is where the real Naturopathic questioning begins. This exam tests students on the modalities (Botanicals, Nutrition, TCM/Acupuncture, Manipulation, etc).

NPLEX 1 requires about two months of solid studying (you have to review all the basic science stuff taught in two years remember). For the months of June and July, I will have to treat studying like my job; meaning eight hours a day, at least five days a week, of cramming (and more when the exam date draws near). Fun times on the horizon, right? Ha ha. Well, at least I have May to look forward too (minus the NPLEX prep course I have to take, doh!) ;)

3 comments:

  1. I know you'll do fine. Just take a positive approach,and with all your passion towards naturopathic medicine you'll breeze through.

    Lots of Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (always) for the support! I am actually a bit excited to have one of the board exams behind me. It'll mean I am that much closer to being a real ND! xoxo.

      Delete
  2. This sounds impossible when I think about it as if I were to do it. Then I think, 'Oh 'Becca' is doing such and such' and immediately I feel like it'll be smooth sailing! You make the impossible seem like a breeze! You're such a hard worker! I can't imagine you not kicking ass on these exams! You're amazing and will be an amazing ND!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!