2011-03-25

Food for Thought.

The cafeteria at CCNM has a slogan painted above the ordering counter: Let good food be your medicine. I love this little quote that is a spin-off of Hippocrates's famous quote Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food. I am a big fan of inspirational quotes in general. I find myself reciting my favorite quotes when I need some inspiration... or I review them when I want to be reminded of something important in my life. One of my all-time favorite quotes is Be the change you want to see in the world. I find it be such a short and simple, yet extremely powerful motivator. Whenever I feel unbalanced, I recall this quote. I've even seen people with this quote tattooed on their bodies; I'm happy to see it have such a big impact on their lives!

I find it very helpful to write down important things so that I never have to worry about one day forgetting them. I write in a journal whenever something important or interesting comes up so I don't forget them down the road (note: these are not necessary lengthy journal entries; they can be as small as a joke or a fun-fact learned). I find writing to be very therapeutic and relaxing and it helps me to document daily life occurrences.

I challenge my readers to try one of two things (or both!): start journaling/writing more and/or start collecting quotes that have meaning in your life. I believe that these tasks can help will feeling more at peace and at achieving greater wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!