2011-10-08

T-Day Recipes!

Happy Birthday to Jimmy!

Tonight I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner (yes, I know it's early, but I wanted to leave Sunday and Monday as solid studying days; midterms are coming very, very soon). T-Day is my favorite holiday; got to love a day in celebration of good, local harvest.

Here is my menu:

Sweet Potato Fluff
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
Green Peas
Lentil Loaf with Miso Gravy
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Pumpkin Brownies
Wine and Apple Cider
...maybe some dinner rolls too, if I can find a good recipe for some wheat-free ones.

Now, which recipes to share with you? I'm thinking dessert, but if you want another recipe, request away!

Pumpkin Brownies

3/4 cup flour of choice
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of sea salt

1 cup pumpkin puree
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil, butter, or margarine

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix the dry. Mix the wet. Combine wet and dry. Add the pecans. Pour the batter into a 9x9 cake pan greased or lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes, testing for doneness with a toothpick or sharp knife. Top with pumpkin-spice buttercream (pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, margarine, honey or maple syrup) and drizzle with some melted chocolate.

Makes 9 brownies.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your meal was delicious and some friends came by.....know I'd like to know about sweet potatoe fluff?

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just whipped sweet potatoes... cubed and boiled sweet potato chunks that have been pureed with coconut milk until smooth and fluffy like whip-cream. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!