2011-12-19

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.


This is my go-to banana muffin. I've made it about five times in the last couple of months and thus consider this recipe a win. They are super chunky thanks to the oats, chocolate, nuts, and banana chunks. Recently, I made mini muffins and topped them with chocolate peanut butter and a cashew "sprinkle". Too cute.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


2 cups flour*
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder and cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt and nutmeg

3 large bananas
1 cup milk or water
2 tablespoons coconut oil**
1/2 cup dried dates***

1/2 cup each chocolate chunks/chips and walnuts

Makes 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins. Mix the dry. In a blender, blend 2 bananas, dates, oil, and water/milk. Mix the blended wet ingredients with the dry. Fold in the chocolate chunks/chips, the nuts, and the remaining banana that should chopped and left in chunks. Bake for 20-40 minutes at 350F (baking times will vary). Let cool then devour. Yum.

*I used kamut and oat flour
**Can use butter or another neutral veg oil
***Can be substituted with a half cup of sugar

NOTE: These muffins have been great snacks this week as I study. Not quite the most holiday-y recipe I could have posted, but I tend to prefer baking old favorites during this time of year instead of obscure and/or complicated traditional Xmas recipes. To each their own I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!