2012-05-31

Yo, Yo, Yogurt!

Reminding all readers: tomorrow is June 1st which means the Nature Challenge begins tomorrow! Sign up here.

What's up today? A product review of: Amande Almond Milk Yogurt.

I recently bought a blueberry almond yogurt at my local grocery store.  A yogurt made from almond milk, how cool! Since I don't eat dairy, I was really excited to have some yogurt again.  I have tried soy yogurts in the past, but I wasn't a fan.  Apparently you can also buy coconut milk yogurts too, but I haven't tried them yet. Pictured to the right was my single serving of the blueberry flavored yogurt. 

Becca's PROS: Awesome texture/consistency, no refined sugar (sweetened with fruit juice), high in calcium (fortified), the company makes a variety of flavors, satisfied my yogurt craving

Becca's CONS: So-so blueberry flavor, very expensive (this single serving was $2), very sweet (which can be a pro if you like sweet yogurt), contains practically no protein

To summarize, this yogurt was a nice treat but I won't be buying it on a regular basis.  Nutritionally, it doesn't compare to dairy, especially in the protein department. However, since it's sugar-free, it would make a great dessert.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!