2012-09-09

Summer Scenes 6.

Orange + Red = Fire Flower

I've really been enjoy the abundance of color everywhere this Summer! I've taken lots of pictures of plants. My walking scenery has been bright and colorful thanks to the flowers lining my path.  I've seen some really unique varieties lately too, like the funky, fiery, trumpet-like ones above.

I'm not a flower gardener myself, but major props to those who are (Hi, Gram and Gramp!). Gardening is wonderful for overall health because it...

1) Gets you outdoors, into the fresh air and sunshine (which boosts Vitamin D levels)
2) Is a form of physical activity, building muscle, moving lymphatics, and boosting metabolism
3) Is a stress-reducing activity, helping the mind to unwind and reconnect with the simpler joys in life, such as flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!