2013-04-08

Brampton Naturopathic Teaching Clinic

On Friday, I visited the Brampton Naturopathic Teaching Clinic. This is a new, second naturopathic teaching clinic located within the Brampton Civic Hospital. I shadowed the three fourth-year students on shift (there are normally six on, but some students were using up the last of their vacation) who were all under the supervision of a naturopathic doctor.


The Brampton Civic Hospital is quite new (built in 2007) and my school has acquired part of the outpatients portion of the hospital, on the third-floor of the main building of the hospital. The naturopathic teaching clinic is huge! Lots and lots of treatment rooms, a reception area, a large intern waiting area, and a massive patient waiting area). There is definitely room to grow (which is the ultimate goal if funding is acquired).

Unfortunately, it is very "hospital" like; so if you don't like hospitals, this isn't the place for you. For instance, there were three "code whites" while I was shadowing (code white means violent patient, FYI). I didn't like the treatment rooms at all; they are very medical-y, complete with icky hospital beds. I also much prefer the comfy chairs in my school's teaching clinic, the RSNC, to the plastic ones in the Brampton Clinic.

But there are plenty of positive aspects to the Brampton Clinic too. It's very busy (it's free for patients, which helps a lot!) and like I said, it is BIG. I'm sure my classmates who will be working there in May (I didn't apply) will really enjoy this new working environment.

If you live in the Brampton area, check out CCNM's second teaching clinic. Follow the link above to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!