2010-11-04

What is Naturopathic Medicine?

Naturopathic medicine is a unique form of medical care practiced by naturopathic doctors. The philosophy and five guiding principles of naturopathic medicine promote individualized health care and aim to heal the whole person by addressing both the body and mind. Naturopathic doctor teach self-healing using minimally invasive techniques; this allows the innate ability of the body to initiate healing and to eventually reach optimal health. Naturopathic medicine uses both conventional and non-conventional methods in order to diagnose, treatment, and prevent disease; however natural approaches are emphasized.

Certified naturopathic doctors have graduated from college accredited by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (there are five of these schools in North America). Prior to enrolling in one of these schools, students must have completed an undergraduate degree.


As an aside...

I think I have caught the baking bug. My grandmother is a baker, maybe it skipped a generation and presented itself in me. Baking has become one of my favorite pastimes. Millions of recipes yet only one stomach. The month of November's baking is already planned out. I actually have to refrain myself from writing about all of my baking creations (because I know that this blog would get really boring, really fast). Nevertheless, please bear with me when a recipe manages to squeeze past my grip and presents itself onto this blog. I think that one day I am going to have to publish a cookbook, if only for my own amusement.

3 comments:

  1. I know of a second stomach you are welcome to bake for any time!
    ;-)

    ~ Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the goodies.....ummmm A cookbook would be fabulous....we know a guy who'd probably take the photos of your yummies. He has an artistic flair, but then you do too as baking is creating ;)


    PJ & M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy - I would be happy to fill the stomach you speak of during the holiday season. :)

    PJ & M - Yes, I think I am going to need a professional baking photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!