Here is a fun survey. Try answering the questions to learn more about your own cooking and eating styles.
1) What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now? Onions. I used to not like them and now, but now I love them as long as they are cooked. Wait, I take that back: raw onions are good too, but only in small occasions.
2) What dish or food you feel like you “should” like, but don’t? Nutritional yeast, but mostly because I am on the fence about how good it is for the body.
3) What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day? Water, but I consume one green tea every morning.
4) What dish are you “famous” for making or bringing to gatherings? My favorite things to make are cookies and other baked goods, but I've gotten lots of requests to make burritos and squash fries this year. ;) Around CCNM, I am famous for my Creamy Peanut Kale and Granola Bars (recipe to come!).
5) Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)? I like to eat salty foods with ones that are sweet and vise versa (on that note, salted sweet potato fries are the perfect food!). Gotta have at dessert every night (even if its teeny-tiny). I don't like eating big lunches because they weigh me down and make me sleepy in the AM. I don't like eating breakfast until I've had my morning green tea.
6) What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home? Dark chocolate and fresh bread.
7) What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged? Cookies. Homemade are the absolute best.
8) What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get “the good stuff”? Organic produce (especially the dirty dozen), sprouted-grain bread, and natural nut and seed butters.
9) Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks? I prefer snacking all day (until dinner time). It keeps my energy levels up. My go to snacks include homemade granola bars and muffins, protein smoothies, and lots of dried and fresh fruit.
10) What are your favorite pizza toppings? Spinach or kale, fresh pineapple, and mushrooms.
11) What is your favorite vegetable and fruit: A tie between sweet potato and kale. For fruit it's a tie between apple and banana.
12) What is the best salad dressing? Tahini dressing or plain flax oil.
13) What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best? Butternut squash soup or veg chili.
14) What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor? I don't really like cupcakes. Too sweet. But I did make a batch of Red Velvet cupcakes with a friend this week, so let's go with that flavor :)
15) What is your favorite kind of cookie? Oatmeal raisin (recipe to come!), almond butter 1, and almond butter 2. (This is actually a PB cookie recipe, but I make it with almond butter).
16) What is your most-loved “weeknight meal”? A Buddah bowl: quinoa or brown rice topped with an assortment of veggies and a protein source (tofu, tempeh, lentils, or beans), smothered in tahini dressing or plain flax oil.
17) What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat? Brown rice ...but this is improving. ;)
18) How long, in total, do you spend in the kitchen on an average day? Only 30-60 minutes. Trust me, cooking elaborate meal doesn't take as long as you'd think!