'Tis the weekend, how about a recipe to celebrate? Since it is still February, and still cold, how about staying inside tonight? Bundled in a blankie, watching movies, eating nachos, drinking beer... well now you can.
Make-In Take-Out: Vegan Nachos.
- Corn tortilla chips (organic are best, they won't be genetically modified)
- Salsa of choice
- Avocados, salt, garlic, and lime juice (to make guacamole)
- Peppers and onions, chopped
- Black beans, crushed walnuts, two teaspoons each soy sauce and taco seasoning or chili powder (to make "ground beef")
- Tahini, lime juice, cumin, and salt (to make "sour cream")
- Daiya or regular cheese
Prepare the guacamole and sour cream, let marinate in fridge. Place chips on a baking sheet and top with cheese. Broil for ~10 minutes. While broiling, saute (in a bit of oil) the peppers, onions, and ground beef together. Sprinkle the cheesy-chips with the ground beef and vegetable mixture, then top with guacamole and sour cream. Devour!