2012-04-15

It's OSCE Time!

Tomorrow is my OSCE exam (I talked a bit about OSCEs before on the blog, here is one entry and here's another) ...and I am pretty nervous!  This exam pretty much summarizes everything I learned over this past year. All of the year's material is evaluated at once in this massive exam (this practical exam takes 1.5 hours to complete and consists of three stations).

There is a diagnostic station (listening to heart sounds, lung sounds, palpating breast and genital simulators, looking into fake ears and eyes, charting, etc) and two case stations.  In the case stations, I will be presented with a real patient and a case (patient complains of diarrhea, fatigue, sore throat, etc).  It will then be up to me to ask the right questions and perform the right physical exams in order to diagnose the patient.  

Can we say nerve-wrecking?! Anywho, confidence is key in this exam, so I just have to muster up the courage and calmness and it should all be fine. In the meantime, here are some laughs to lighten the mood: 




2 comments:

  1. All the best on the exam! I am confident you will ace it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. Hope your year-end is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!