2012-12-18

Ramblings and a Recipe

I'm.running.out.of.time! 

Come to mama!
...but let me be clear: I'm not running out of study time, but blogging time! Me-oh-my, where did this semester go?! I had SO MUCH to share on the blog about year 3, semester 1, but here I am, the eve before my final exam of the term, wondering where the time went. I think the problem with this semester was that I didn't have time to blog at school because the classes were actually super interesting. They weren't boring; when they are boring, I spend the class writing blog posts. They were captivating and interesting, which meant that I did my blogging late at night, often before bed, and thus when I was too tired to write out an epic post about *insert cool topic here*. Instead, my blog posts were quick and dirty (with spelling errors and missing references, oops!). Ah well, at least I managed to still blog daily despite the madness of year 3.

So, I've written 8 out of my 9 exams. One more and it's officially the holidays, wahoo!

By the way, my drug of choices during these exam: dark chocolate and tea! The darker the chocolate better. Today alone I ate about 50 grams of 90% dark chocolate (amazing!). Also, I've had so much herbal tea. Today I had three green teas (1 caffeinated, two decaf), two chai teas (both decaf), and a peppermint tea. Six cups a tea seems like a ton! No?

Oh, and my third DOC (drug of choice) during this period of exams: this gluten-free quick bread. So good, even without any toppings (but it was great with margarine and nut butter)! My next batch will replace half the apple sauce with mashed banana to make a banana bread quick bread. Might even through in some walnuts for good measure...

Blender Bread
Sorry no picture of this lovely bread because my camera was dead.  But it was a handsome bread!


3/4 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats*
1/2 cup almond flour (or 1/4 cup almonds*, ground into flour)
1 tablespoon flax seeds*
Pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup water
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 eggs*

Inspired by this bread. I call this blender bread because I threw all the ingredients into a blender and then blended until smooth, then poured it into a lined loaf pan (with parchment paper). If you don't follow the blender step, then you will need to grind your flax and oats in a coffee grinder, and whisk your eggs, before combining all of the ingredients a bowl. Stir well then transfer this mixture to a loaf pan. Bake at 350*F for 50-60 minutes. Let it cool fully before slicing! It slices super well if cool; if you cut it when warm, the bread will be fragile. Makes 12 slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!