Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the phone!
What happened to the new blogging schedule starting on Monday, May 20th? Um, yeah. I got side-tracked by all the wonderfulness of being in Clinic! My sincere apologies.
Let's get back on track today, with the first Foodie Friday blog post!
|It's almost 'burger season' (also known as 'Summer')|
Looking for some healthy dinner inspiration? Well, I've got five wonderful, Summer-y, and healthier dinner recipes, collected from around the web, to share with you today.
1) Sweet Potato Burgers. It's almost barbecue and burger season. These vegetarian burgers are wonderful when topped with avocado (as suggested in the recipe). Make them gluten-free by using gluten-free instant (or slightly ground rolled oats) instead of panko bread crumbs.
2) Green Sushi Salad. We've made variations of this wonderful dish in our home many times, but here is a professional recipe with pretty pictures. With this you get sushi, without the fuss of rolling the ingredients up.
3) Jarred Salads. This would actually make a wonderful lunch, but you could have it for dinner too, especially if you were having a picnic! The key is to keep the dressing at the bottom of the jar to prevent the salad greens/veggies from getting soggy. When it is time to eat, simply shake it up and dig in.
4) Chopped Kale Salad with Creamy Almond Ginger Dressing. This recipe is wonderful, but the dressing is really where it is at. Make the dressing and pour it over any salad of your liking or pour it on top of baked or steamed vegetables. Oh, and it also makes a great dip for raw vegetables.
5) Shrimp Mango Tacos. I don't normally eat shrimp, but I love the idea of these lettuce-wrapped 'tacos'. You could alternatively use chickpeas, chicken, or even baked tofu cubes.